Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sweet 16 Time

So in the 2nd round, I only lost one more of my Sweet 16 teams. I went 12-4 in the second round. Since I have not lost any of my Elite Eight teams, all my original predicted winners still stand. Will I go 8-0 in the next two days? We'll see...

Unfortunately, LSU did lose to UNC...but they put up a great game, and played UNC really close, and kept the game very competitive up until a scoring drought in the latter part of the 2nd half. That's what ultimately ended up losing the game. As with the game against Xavier during the regular season. Oh well. It was a great season, way up from the 13-18 season last year (the team won 13 games in the conference alone this year!). As for our women's team, they lost last night against Louisville, in a very tough, competitive game, as well. It was a very good game. Unfortunately for them, the game was lost at the free throw line. LSU just wasn't making the free throws, and Louisville was. But for a team that early in the season looked like it wouldn't even be in the tournament, a team with only one senior and two juniors, the season ended remarkably well, with huge victories over Florida and Tennessee late in the season. The team was made up of mostly freshmen. It'll be very interesting to watch and see where the team goes from here into next year.

5 comments:

Dave said...

LSU did better than I thought they would do. By the way, we saw you four times on ESPN Sunday night.

Evie said...

The two LSU losses were tough. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do next year, especially the women. By the way, we saw you on TV several times the other night.

Evie said...

Just as I clicked away from this page, I noticed that Dad had already mentioned the TV thing.

Josh said...

What about Tuesday against Louisville?

Evie said...

We didn't see you during that game. They hardly showed the band at all. At one point, they started zooming in on the trombones, then they put some stupid spinning basketball graphic smack-dab in the middle of the screen. I yelled at them to remove the thing, but they didn't listen to me.